Certified Food Handler Training
In accordance with the City of Winnipeg Food Service By-law:
· No person shall operate a food service establishment unless the person in charge has successfully completed the certified food handler training program.
· Food service establishments with less than five (5) food handlers must have a person on staff who has successfully completed the certified food handler training program.
· Food Service establishments with more than five (5) food handlers working at any one times must have a person who has successfully completed the certified food handler training program ON DUTY at all times.
Who should attend?
· All owners, managers and supervisors of food service establishments.
· All food service personnel who are responsible for the receiving, preparing and serving of food.
Microbiology - basic introduction to food microbiology.
Foodborne Illness - common foodborne illnesses, their causes and preventative methods.
Health and Hygiene - proper personal hygienic practices and good health.
Serving and Dispensing - proper techniques for food service and display.
Food Protection - safe food preparation and handling procedures.
Receiving and Storage - factors involved in receiving and storing food.
Cleaning and Sanitizing - correct dishwashing facilities, techniques, approved sanitizer and proper utensil storage.
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Cost: $115 + GST
NOTE: three business days notice is required for a refund.